House Captain: Caitlin
Hello! I am the house captain of Lourdes. The key to being the best member of you house is simple. Always be confident in what you are saying and have a go even if it goes wrong. All you can do is learn. We can help our peers in events such as sports days. Always think about what you say to others because you could make them upset. My role as house captain is important because we can show our core values - Community, pride and joy.
- Always be confident in what you are saying. For example, if you are saying we all need to work as a team, you need to say this confidently for your team to have confidence in you as a leader.
- Always be organised because you never know what is going to come up next.
- Be polite to everyone, no matter what they have done to you. You need to put your personal opnions to the side to make sure you have an effective team.
- Have a creative and open mind because this will give you the skills to think on your feet and change plans last minute if you need to.
- In all events, work as a team. Making sure that you are not doing everything and your team members are not sitting around and doing nothing. Use your leadership skills to include everyone.
- Have excellent presentation skills. When you need to share something with the school, you can confidently stand up an speak in front of the school.
- Be caring to everyone. Not just the people at work or at school - everyone all over the world.
Lourdes is considered a special place to visit because it is believed to bring blessings to the pilgrims. Lourdes is in France and is near the Pyrenees Mountains. a pilgrim may visit to clean away their sins and/or to be cured of illness. The holy water from the Spring in the grotto is said to heal the sick. Millions of visitors go to Lourdes each year in hope to use the opportunity to focus closely on their faith. The pilgrims feel secure in the knowledge that God will look after them, forgive them for their sins and even cure them of their illnesses.
What do you need to know about Lourdes?
- In 1858 the Holy Mother Mary appeared 18 times to Bernadette Soubirous, in the Grotto of Masabielle.
- It is believed that spring water from the grotto can heal people if they are sick.
- The most visited pilgrimage shrine in the Christian world
- The pilgrimage season at Lourdes lasts from April through October, with the main day being August 15, the Marian Feast of Assumption.